City representatives met with Lincoln County representatives on March 14, 2018. The County indicated they would like to transfer the property before July 1, 2018.
City representatives met with several impacted homeowners on April 10, 2018 to discuss how to address the road overlapping their current property lines. Subsequent to this meeting, the City ManagerI will be following up with the City Attorney to draft language to protect the property owners and the City as ownership moves from the County to the City.
The Public Works and Streets Commission began the discussion of traffic flow. The Commission felt it was important to offer people options to start the conversation about traffic flow decisions.
Public Meeting on May 6, 2018 at 2:00 pm
The Public Works & Streets Commission will hold a public meeting on Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 2:00 pm to get public input on traffic flow. The Commission will be discussing this input at their regular meeting on May 8, 2018 to make recommendations to the City Council. This public meeting will be in the May Newsletter, posted in the Post Office and Commons, and emailed to impacted businesses, including the Underground Pub, Heidi’s, Sea Note, and Toad Hall.
Traffic Decisions for Three Areas
The Commission has identified three sections of road that could be impacted:
1. Ocean View Drive from W 2nd Street toW 7th Street
- Keep the status quo and have the County stripe yellow dots down the center line
- Make Ocean View One Way from W 2nd to W 7th northbound with the traffic lane on the east side of the road and pedestrians on the west edge
- Close Ocean View from W 2nd to W 3rd and have oneway traffic from W 3rd to W 7th
- Close Ocean View from from W 2nd to W 3rd and keep traffic flow in two directions from W 3rd to W 7th
2. Ocean View Drive from Highway 101 to the State Park
- Keep the status quo with no center line
- Make one way westbound
- Make one way eastbound
3. W 3rd Street
When other vehicles are on W 3rd Street, it can be extremely difficult to turn right onto W 3rd Street when heading south on Highway 101.
- Leave W 3rd Street as is
- Make one way westbound from Highway 101 to Pontiac Street
- Make one way westbound from Highway 101 to Ocean View Drive
City representatives will meet with the County on April 17, 2018 to discuss the condition of transfer and road improvements.