Little Log Church Renovation

Brief Overview

In conjunction with the Friends of the Little Log Church and Museum 501(c)3 board, the City has remodeled the Little Log Church Museum.  The building had extensive dry rot and an unstable foundation. We expect new display cases soon and then we will be reopening fully.

The Friends of the Little Log Church Museum helped to raise funds for the remodel.

The Friends of the Little Log Church Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit oversight and fundraising board, have persevered for over 8 years so that the restoration project would become an actuality. They are delighted with the skilled expertise and care of the restoration crew. Donations may be sent to PO Box 712 Yachats, OR 97498. 

Detailed History

The original Little Log Church structure was completed in 1930.  Modifications to the exterior church walls were made in the mid 1990s, which consisted of replacing selected wall logs with new peeled logs.  

The City hired a consultant to evaluate the condition of the building in 2018.  The February 2019 report on the state of the building can be found in the Document Center under 2019-02 Little Log Church Report and Analysis.

Little Log Church and Museum Report and Analysis

The City hired a contractor to do repairs on the structure and siding in 2025. Pictures of the progress are viewable here: The Little Log Church - West Coast Drone Services